This service is not available, please contact for more information.
Fundamentals of Drawing | Isabel Shamitz
Isabel teaches fundamentals of drawing with photos & still life.
Started Apr 4Started Apr 4
180 US dollars
QAA Studios - 26 High School Ave.
We will use charcoal and graphite pencils to explore tonal value using photo reference and still life objects. A choice of group and/or personal projects, along with attention at all levels will be offered. Demonstrations and instruction in sight-sizing, tonal values, and basic linear perspective.
Note: Supplies not included in class fee.
• Smock or apron
• 2-4 #2 & #3 lead pencils *
• 1 box vine charcoal or charcoal pencils (for sketching)
• 1 box conte (hard coated charcoal, sold at any art supply store)
• 1 white charcoal pencil or conte. *
• Kneaded erasers (1 or 2) *
• Small T-Square or ruler. *
• Reference photograph or image, for drawing (for individual projects)
> It should have good detail and resolution, either color or b/w.
• 1 newsprint pad (approx. 18” x 24”)
• 1 Strathmore drawing pad (approx. 18” x 24”), either bright white or any light, off-
• Soft, chamois cloth*
• Vinyl or latex gloves
You may bring a drawing you have either finished recently, or one you are presently working on, to review if you wish.